Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Took my 2004 jaguar x type 3.0 to the ford dealer about the…

Customer Question
took my 2004 jaguar x...
took my 2004 jaguar x type 3.0 to the ford dealer about the TCM. paid 150 for them to tell me it would cost 650 to trace wiring between the ECM and TCM and telling me it could still be a bad transmission! obviously i told them stop what theyre doing! the only reason i took it to them is because i heard if you replace the TCM it would need flashed? is that true, or is it something i can switch and with no flash required? i really appreciated your help a few days ago with this. thanks in advance for your help this time!
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/20/2018
Auto Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

According to manual it does not need to be reflashed and I agree replacing TCM is going to be best place to start. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Here are replacement instructions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmgde6ktbzgjnxe/tcm.pdf?dl=0

Ever get it figured out? Please do not forget to rate answer. Thanks.