Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Having trouble installing part number lr045238 on a 2012 RRS…

Having trouble installing part...

Having trouble installing part number lr045238 on a 2012 RRS 5.0 NA

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

Dealer said they changed the routing and now I have that grey nipple with nowhere to route it' 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 5.0 NA

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm replacing the water pump and therm. Specifically I am trying to determine the routing of the cooling system. Part number above was not originally on my car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

But the dealer says it's now the right part. If you pull up a pic of the part you can see the nipple I am talking about. I just don't have a hose to hook it to. no, the car is fine. Preventative maintenance.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need a good cooling system diagram or someone that's familiar with this car.

3/19/2018
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

If you are replacing the small plastic hose that goes into the water pump there is a multi parts supercession as they did change the design of the hose. Look in the gray port as it should be caped off. Let me know.

You the man. I figured it out. Torque spec on the 15mm tensioner bolt?
Just let me know that torque spec (my tool does both ft lbs and nm.And I’m guessing to change the main drive belt you have to pull the idler assembly?You can keep the $26 with no calls if you can answer those.Thanks, ***** ***** :-)
to replace the main drive belt that idler bracket assembly does need to be loosened. The spec on the belt tensioner bolt is 47 nm
Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Awesome - how do I give you a positive review. Extremely helpful
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Phone call session started
Ok - sorry hit another snag. Does the little nozzle just push into the water pump? It feels like I’m gonna break it.
Saw you’re calling...thanks. It doesn’t feel like I can push the little plastic nozzle in any further in either the new or old water pump
It goes until the rounded part bottoms out. I put a little bit of wd 40 and it should go right in.
Sometimes the end breaks off in the old pump as when that happens the hose needs to be replaced.
I’ve got a new hose and OEM pump. Looking at pics new ones there’s a black plastic ring I am missing
Should be on the new pump. Send me a photo

Yes the new pump should come with that black lock. It can be swapped off if careful but there is a chance it breaks. The Land Rover pumps all come with that black lock.

Can you advise the proper bleed procecedure? Been at it an hour and cant get the air out