Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

How mush should it cost to replace the body wire harness on…

Customer Question
how mush should it cost...
how mush should it cost to replace the body wire harness on an 2010 Range Rover S/C? parts and labor (HOURS)
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/19/2018
Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

The labor to replace the main vehicle body harness would be between 22-28 hours depending on how the shop or dealer calculates their shop labor times. Some shops or dealers may not even want to do the job. In some cases a new section of harness can be run but that depends on the extent of the damage. I will need the last eight of your VIN to provide an accurate parts price.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
AA320047

System seems to be down at the moment. I will keep trying to see if I can get the accurate price.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they just found the water in floorboard , took it in because the vanity mirror lights werent working and to have the abs module replaced. this incident was due to the harness being in water in floorboard from the sunroof drain being stopped up . water is not foul and has no odor of mildew so i was wondering if splicing 3 ft of harness would work?

Yes. In most cases we would repair or run some new wiring as opposed to replacing the entire harness which is a project and very costly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was thinking of a used harness if not splicing....what would make it so costly? man hours? i thought 10 hours labor would be sufficiant. Am I incorrect?
No because it is the compllete harness running through the inside. Everything in the ijnterior needs to be removed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
im saying the water hasnt been in my floorboard long. shouldnt wire harnesses be able to handle some water? are you saying stripping the seats, carpet, dash,pretty much down to the frame?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i was thinking of a used harness if not splicing....what would make it so costly? man hours? i thought 10 hours labor would be sufficiant. Am I incorrect?so 22 hours would be about 2500.00 plus the harness ...right ? cost of harness?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after you find the cost of harness would you know or recommend a mechanic in the franklin,tn./ nashville tn. area?someone that is very good and fair in pricing.
Ok. Yes basically the complete interior needs to be stripped down to the body in order to replace the harness assembnly. Sounds like a quality shop should be able to repair the damage.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after you find the cost of harness would you know or recommend a mechanic in the franklin,tn./ nashville tn. area?someone that is very good and fair in pricing.have you found the price of the harness and what site i could buy it?

Still having an issue logging in to get the correct part number. This is a dealer only item unless you get a used one from places like atlanticbritish.com, coventrywest.com or roversnorth.com just to name a few.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
after you find the cost of harness would you know or recommend a mechanic in the franklin,tn./ nashville tn. area?someone that is very good and fair in pricing.have you found the price of the harness and what site i could buy it? r u still working on the harness cost?
Main body harness part # is LR021584. The cost from land rover is $6800. It is still available new but would have to be ordered from the UK.
Richard, ASE Certified Technician