Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Car has been in my garage for 2 mos w/o me starting it up.

Car has been in...

Car has been in my garage for 2 mos w/o me starting it up. flat tire. Totally dead. Can't open trunk to get to spare tire. also, owner's manual is in trunk, etc,etc..... help!

Mechanic's Assistant: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?

Right rear. aired it up a few times, thought it may be a slow leak.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

1999 jaguar XK8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, just wanted to (1) start the car up and (2)remove the tire get repaired

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do i get to the batteries to get them charged

3/19/2018
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately when this happens you have to either use a lockout kit to open the door or hook a charger to the starter wires under the car on the engine. Most tow truck drivers would be able to get you in if you want to call one. If not if you dont mind getting your hands dirty the easiest option is to hook a charger to the starter wires from under the car. Just put it up on jack stands so you got a little room to move around then crawl under and locate the starter.... its right where the engine and transmission meet under the car and you will see the large positive cable connected to it. Hook your chargers ground to one of the starter bolts.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks

Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner