Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Its misfiring I ran a diagnostics test and it came up P0300…

Customer Question
Its misfiring I ran...

Its misfiring I ran a diagnostics test and it came up P0300 I have changed the plugs wires and all 3 coil packs but its still misfiring

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

Its a steady misfire its just running rough no power up hill it has172000 miles on it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

06 pontiac grand prix

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Prix yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes im doing it myself and ive changed the plugs and wires and coil packs

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
3/19/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

have you checked actual spark yet?

Have you checked injector pulse with a noid light?

Havr you done a compression test on the cylinders ?

No I just was doing what they told me when diagnostic was ran the car runs its just skipping bad and no power up hill

ok we need to do those tests next