Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Theft device shut down the system and now it will not start…

Customer Question
Theft device shut down...

Theft device shut down the system and now it will not start 1999 Isuzu rodeo

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

They are fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Rodeo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Check fuses, battery but before this happened the light on the dash was flashing and I have had other issues with the alarm. The theft device is all I cannot diagnose.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Where is the alarm and how can I easily disable it. I think it is factory.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
Why is it that I put my question in over 36 hours ago and still do not have any answer?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/20/2018
Auto Mechanic: Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you

May I tart by getting your VIN and any stored codes in the computer?

Thank you!

I do not have that information with me at this time.

No problem sir. Just post it on this page when you do have this info.