Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2012 hyundai sonata 2.4 liter 114,000 miles. Running rough…

2012 hyundai sonata 2.4...

2012 hyundai sonata 2.4 liter 114,000 miles. Running rough and missing at idle and on the road. Changed plugs with iridium plugs and coils at around 98,000.miles. Ran great on the way to dinner, got in the car after dinner and immediatlely started running rough and missing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?

Consistent it just started tonight

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. nothing yet

3/19/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

check engine light?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
code 301 and 304

ok.

do you remember if you used aftermarket coils?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think they were i dont remember.

ok, swap 1 and 4 with 2 and 3 and see if the misfires follow

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
looking at them from the front of the engine do you know which cylinder is which

standby

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i think you got it swapped coils 2 and 3 then 1 and 2 and got a code p302 swapped it back got a code p 301.

bad coil

can I help with anything else?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic