Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I need to wire a 5 post relay to a normally open switch for…

Customer Question
I need to wire...

I need to wire a 5 post relay to a normally open switch for a trans brake

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 hours, the switch in the shifter is normally open, it needs to be closed to work rite so I thought I would use a 5 post relay and its not working rite

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
3/17/2018
Auto Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I'll post a wiring diagram below for it with a normally open switch. With it wired this way your switch will ground the pull in side of the relay when pressed, energizing the transbrake.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician