Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata. The dial that controls the air…

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Hyundai Sonata. The dial that controls the air speed is not responding. At first I thought it was just a glitch, and restarted my vehicle, but the problem persists!

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

Just started today, and there are about 36,000 miles on the vehicle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything

3/17/2018
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I am Randall. I am working on answering your question now, Please allow me a few min to reply. Meantime? you may see a popup for phone call, I do NOT send this, the system does, I would prefer to keep in chat/email however, at times a call may help. I can not send files or diagrams via phone so lets start out in chat/email and go from there. Back shortly, Thanks

Ok, so it sounds like the blower is not working, Is that correct? does not work on any speed? and lastly, do you have the automatic HVAC or manual HVAC ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the blower doesn't work on any speed. I have a manual HVAC system.

I rejected a phone call as I have to pull up wiring diagrams review them, may have to send information etc and I just can not guess on the phone. I will opt out and open the post to the other experts

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your time!
eric remington

H​ELLO would you like me to help you find the problem...for example you get a test light , meter etc and I tell you what to check or do you want me to give you a list of what the different possibilities could be? How can I best help you?

eric remington
Phone call session started

please answer phone

something about a mailbox number do you have a phone number that works? I am trying to call. Thank you Eric

If you would like a phone call I need a _mailbox number_? so I cznt get thru can u provide a good number so that I can help you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got the problem worked out! Just a fuse box issue. Thank you for your time!

ok I will report that phone call not needed

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

if the fuse blew it will probably happen again...the most common cause of blowing a fuse in a scenario like this a b ad blower motor

so if the blower motor blows again get a new blower motor with a squirrel cage (fan) already attached...75 to hundred dollars for the part and they usually sit under the glove box about 4 screws pretty easy to replace

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service before you go. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges. Rating my answer positive charges your account the full question value and credits me. Submitting for a refund removes the credit from my account and makes me donate my time and experience for free, which is not my intention. Please only rate positive if you are satisfied and intend on paying for the services you agreed to. Thanks!

thank you

eric remington
eric remington
eric remington