Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Replaced battery. Start switch goes from to but nothing.

Replaced battery. Start...

Replaced battery. Start switch goes from amber to green but nothing. Remote does nothing. Door locks inside car if I push lock they lock then unlock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Lexus?

2010 Es 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tring to.Thats it replaced battery that was bad.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tried holding the remote to the start button. Still nothing.

3/17/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue
In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sunday through Friday from around 5 am to 9 pm Eastern time.Zone If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.
If you see a call request on your screen ,That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

PLEASE READ BELOW INSTRUCTIONS

2010 Lexus ES 350

V6-3.5L (2GR-FE)

Repair Instruction - Initialization

• Vehicle
  • Testing and Inspection
  • Programming and Relearning
  • Repair Instruction - Initialization

Repair Instruction - Initialization

INTRODUCTION: REPAIR INSTRUCTION: INITIALIZATION

1. FOR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH SMART ACCESS SYSTEM

(a)Immediately after the battery terminal is reconnected, the main body ECU will not function, and therefore, the smart access system will not operate. To activate the main body ECU, perform a wireless door unlock or lock operation.

(b)If the battery has been discharged, the engine cannot be started even after the battery has been recharged because the steering lock position cannot be recognized correctly. To allow the steering lock ECU to learn the steering lock position, initialize the steering lock ECU.

(c)To start the engine after the battery terminal is reconnected, perform the following:

(1)Open and close the driver's door.

(2)Wait for 10 seconds or more.

HINT
The first attempt to start the engine will fail because the steering lock ECU has not learned the steering lock position yet. This does not indicate a malfunction. The engine can be started normally on the second or subsequent attempt.

Please let me know what happens

If more help is needed, Please use the reply Tab to continue our conversation.

, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click here or above).

You can Rate at Any Time and we Can Continue to work on your question as This Will Not Close out your Question.

I work on delivering the best answer and help but in some cases,

It can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Remote does nothing and battery is good
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Guess main ECU is not resetting

Hi, sorry was off line yesterday , to be honest with you at this time You will need a Capable Factory scanner or equivalent to Read the Fault codes in the Modules needed here ,that is done by hooking up the scanner to your vehicle DLC data port connector and based on these faults we can pull up a Pin Point Troubleshoot and be Accurate ,If you do get the Faults Read ,Please post them back here for me and I can Help You Further on it and send you the pin point troubleshoot to perform or the most possible causes for it .

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat