Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a RODEO ENGINE DIESEL 3.0 4JH1 TURBO that starts and…

Customer Question
I have a RODEO...

I have a RODEO ENGINE DIESEL 3.0 4JH1 TURBO that starts and runs, however once it starts to warm up it start to lose power and dies, the turbo dose leek oil but nothing iam worried about and no the intercooler is not full off oil, can you help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

All hoses are good and there are no oil leaks.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a new after market turbo fitted

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Car
3/17/2018
Auto Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Hello there,

The banjo bolt fuel inlet at the high pressure pump has a brass sintered filter.

They block up, that's the first thing I look at for low power.

Gary

Hello again,

Do you need any further help?

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Kind regards

Gary