Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2011 1500 wont start. It gives me the no fuse message. I…

My 2011 1500 wont...

My 2011 1500 wont start. It gives me the no fuse message. I checked the fuses but it still wont start. Any help is welcomed thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Lights come on, i hear the ding when the doir is open with the key inserted. Gauge light act jittery and the fuse box clicks somtimes after turning the key.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Dodge?

No, just the one next to the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ram, with the 5.7

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just checking the fuses and am now looking up issues other people have had for now.

3/17/2018
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a suggestion where to check

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Nice to meet you and thank for your help. Thats completely understandable. Im all ears.

These units have two weak spots that will cause this symptom your experiencing. The wireless ignition node behind the ignition key hole, [ it's a black plastic box ] the other is the PDC . I would check the PDC first. What that is , is the main fuse block under the hood. They have very poor protection against the elements where the connectors are and corrode.

What I would suggest is to disconnect it from the body so you can turn it upside down to check all connections , you can clean and treat them with electrical contact cleaner and protect them with electrical grease. What you will see is green corrosion on the terminals if it is effected.

Does the engine crank at all?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, i will check this out and let you know what i find

Very well will check your response tomorrow.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, it does not turn at all. I will see if a jump helps but i will look at the connections first.

that would be a good place to start check battery voltage and or a load test and starter draw.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician