Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Yellow diagnostic indicator flashes. Sprinter 906. 2015. Not…

Yellow diagnostic indicator flashes ...

Yellow diagnostic indicator flashes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Sprinter 906

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sprinter?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just don’t want to be ripped off

3/16/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
You're going to need to find an OBD2 scan tool and get the fault codes from the vehicle memory and give me the fault code numbers not the descriptions and then I can help you diagnose your vehicle where tell you what's very likely wrong.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where will
I get one of those tools?
Would I do major damage to the car if I keep on driving ?
Or does it need to attended to Asap
I don't know what country you live in but in the United States the vast majority of auto parts stores actually have them, you might try that, here they'll actually scan it for you for free but don't listen to the recommendations of the scan tool what it tells you to replace.If they don't scan it for free they might rent them and they definitely sell them, they are standard protocol and will scan anything after 1996, they are more or less mandatory if you're going to work on your vehicle or want to know anything about the way it's running or why check engine lights on.A flashing check engine light is defined as a misfire that is severe enough to cause engine or catalytic converter damage, so you should not be driving this at all until you get it sorted out, in reality unless you're going like a mile or two you shouldn't even drive this thing to the shop that worked on.Judging by the fact that it's branded as a Mercedes Sprinter or not Dodge I'm guessing you're in Europe or not the United States, is this a gasoline/petrol/benzene engine or is it diesel?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Australia
Gidday mate and it’s diesel
is this a Bluetec diesel, like a common rail without a mechanical injection pump? Please get me the fault code numbers as well
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks mate for your assistance
Found the fault it was the sensor switch on he exhaust and it’s getting fixed this weekJust going to rate you and again thanks you have been a great help
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician