Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Anti theft light is on and the 2007 caravan won’t even turn…

Anti theft light is...

Anti theft light is on and the 2007 caravan won’t even turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?

I checked the relay and swiped it with another taken the cables off to reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yep, in a parking lot... my security system light is staying on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Battery is strong,

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I’m waiting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/15/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

do you have another key?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir

disconnect both battery terminals and short them together for 5 minutes, let them hang loose for 15 minutes then reconnect

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, I’ve already shorted them a few minutes ago. Than additionally another 15 min apart? Ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Waiting the 15.

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok? What next

try to start it

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No nothing only light on after 3 sec is security light,
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
airbag stay on

try locking then unlocking the doors with the fob

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Works

excellent

started ok?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The lock
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not starting
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fob works on lock

what size engine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
3.8

standby

ok then the SKIS has dropped the key code. you will need to have it reprogrammed unless you had another key. a locksmith will be able to do it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The lock smith says that if the locks are working than it must be working? He says that these particular keys do not reprogram just new ones
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Did I lose ya

im here

Im going to open this up to the other guys to chime in.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After five hours of trying everything I thought was possible ? It just started up ! Crazy gotta be a bad wire
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No sir! Thanks

The keys on these have issues. Programming a new key will solve the problem.

You can then program additional keys once you have 2 main keys.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
Do not give a negative rating (2 stars or less) please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Dan, ASE Master Technician