Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

It is getting fuel to the fuel pump but not the enjectors.

Customer Question
It is getting fuel...

It is getting fuel to the fuel pump but not the enjectors

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

One is new and and one is aridganal

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

It is a 1998 chevey one tun flat bed

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuel fiter ity was good and it shootingfuel oil out of the filter

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/15/2018
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Diesel or gasoline .

Greg

Disel
When your turning the motor the diesel fuel is comeing out of the bleeder valve but nothing comeing out around the injector when you break it lose

Okay good thank you but diesel on this vehicle is not my area ,

But check the cut off valve on the pump for power when you have the ignition ON it should click .

so switch ignition on and off a few time to feel and hear clicking from the valve if no click check for battery power if

power check the valve replace if needed.

Rgds Greg