Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

XC70.VOLVO.NO.POWER.TO.FUEL.PUMP. 05. NOT. YE.

Customer Question
XC70.VOLVO.NO.POWER.TO.FUEL.PUMP Mechanic's Assistant: What...

XC70.VOLVO.NO.POWER.TO.FUEL.PUMP

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XC70?

05.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XC70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

NOT. YE

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

IS.THERE.ARECALL.ON.THIS.PUMP

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
3/14/2018
Auto Mechanic: Edward, Service Technician replied 1 month ago
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Your last question was, is there a recall on this fuel pump correct?

Alright, there was, but it timed out after 10 years, you could double check though by calling local dealer and giving them the VIN number. as well as any other recalls it may have open. Look at the very end of the fuel rail by the injectors, do you see a fuel pressure sensor, a 4 wire sensor in the end of the fuel rail?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OMMP.FROM.DEALER

Sorry What does OMMP from dealer mean? thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I.DO..WAS.PRESSURE.THEN.NOPRESSURE.DID.I.BLOW.A.FUSE.
I doubt it. But it is possible, usually on these model cars it's either the pump itself are the PEM which stands for pump electric module. Lift up the back seat and only passenger side will see a cover with some 10 mm screws take that cover off there's a blue wire that goes to the fuel pump when crank and check that blue wire for power red lead on Blue in your black lead on frame metal ground. Let me know if you have any voltage there when cranking
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician