Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Hold disabled, service esp system, check engine light, brake…

Customer Question
Hill hold disabled, service...

Hill hold disabled, service esp system, check engine light, brake lights are staying on when the headlights are on, and it is having trouble accelerating from a stopped position. Plus my radio display disappears when I press the brake pedal.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Which light, there are several that are on...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 Suzuki Kizashi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Kizashi yourself? What have you tried so far?

If I can figure out what is wrong and it is something that I can do then yes I am going to fix it myself.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I haven't tried anything this just happened.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 6 days by:
3/20/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done if there are any codes set those codes will need diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this fault here.

This sounds like a possible low voltage issue or loss of ground.I would have the battery and alternator tested for any issues as well as the battery cables checked for being loose or corroded at all causing this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete