Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When I start my car in the morning (Sienna, 2008), a lot of…

When I start my car...
When I start my car in the morning (Sienna, 2008), a lot of white smoke comes out from under the car. Could it be that the pc valve needs replacing?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Is there a smell to the exhaust such as burning oil smell or fuel smell, or a sweet smell?

burning oil smell

HI,

Ok, that will be from one of 2 sources - pcv valve has failed or the valve seals and guides are worn.

As the pcv valve only runs about $10 and 15 minutes to install - see attached for location on rear bank valve cover - I would start by replacing it.

If it continues, then you are looking at having the valve seals and guides replaced

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager