Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a question regarding error codes on a Chevy city

express...
I have a question regarding error codes on a Chevy city express
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Where is the clutch pressure control solenoid on my chevy city express?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have error codes P1217,P0776 and P0965,
3/13/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Okay so p1217 is a fuel pressure solenoid slow response time fault which means that the solenoid inside the injection pump is not responding properly, there were some problems with the injection pump wiring harness that may be causing this fault code. I've attached a picture below of the harness that you need on eBay however I'm not going to link you to one because there are two different harnesses one for a black connector and one for a gray connector so you need to check the connectors on yours figure out which one it has and then go on eBay or call the dealer and get another harness.If you replace that harness in The Fault Code returns means that your injection pump needs to be rebuilt or replaced.As far as p0776 and p0965 those are for the pressure control solenoid inside the transmission.Again there was a problem with the wiring harness for the transmission and apparently at the transmission connector at the trans if you run a new ground to it or actually just tie into the existing ground and ground it better to the chassis, it often can fix the problem, it's at the very least something you should try because if it doesn't fix it then you basically need to take the vehicle to a transmission specialist who's going to test and see if the valve body is faulty or it's the actual transmission.Take a volt meter and set it on ohms or resistance and check the resistance of pain 5 to ground if bin 5 is a ground wire meaning it has a couple of a tenths of a ohm of resistance to ground, then what you want to do is run aground from your chassis ground like the ground cable to the block and tie into that wire.I would probably take a heat shrink butt connector and cut the wire and run one wire into one side of the butt connector, and run two wires into the other side of the butt connector, crimp the butt connector and then use a heat gun to shrink the heat shrink plastic that is built into the butt connector. This is the way that manufacturers recommend repairing wiring on modern vehicles and not soldering you don't need any other heat shrink because they're weatherproof they have glue built into them.This may fix the issues with those two fault codes, if it does not like I said it probably means the valve body is faulty and could worst case scenario mean the actual ransmission is faulty.Please feel free to ask any further questions for clarification. If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept because that is the only way that I am compensated for my time on this site otherwise I do not get paid for helping you at all.If you have any follow-up questions necessary you will still be able to ask them even after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician