Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When i start the car i hear a clicking noise especially when…

When i start the...

When i start the car i hear a clicking noise especially when im driving , looks lke sound is coming from the belt on the left when you open the hood , is this something major

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

In idle for a while but now im hearing it when i drive , its not loud but enough to drive me nuts , thought it waas near belt on left

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2013 forte

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Forte yourself? What have you tried so far?

No , im no person that can fix it , just trying to think what it might be

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ok

3/12/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin it would be best to get this checked any noise from the belt area is a concern as it could cause the belt to break .this could be a bearing failing or a tensioner issue .but will need to be investigated

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
if either one is it expensive to get fixed

Not the end of the world .you would be wise to replace the belt whilst its removed for repair but somewhere in the region of $150-300 dependent on which is the cause

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thx

No problem

Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic