Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Showing ediff light. Electronic diffrential clutch

Customer Question
Showing ediff light Mechanic's...

Showing ediff light

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Electronic diffrential clutch overheating light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Ferrari F430 200

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F430?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It was showing engagement potentiometer absent

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Connect please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 3 days by:
3/15/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then help locate the cause here.I suspect a code will be set with this warning on.This can be a faulty solenoid or sensor needing replaced but the codes will need read out to help to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete