Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2004 gx470 electric wied problems sound sysem goes off and…

2004 gx470 electric wied...

2004 gx470 electric wied problems sound sysem goes off and on some times the windows don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

The airbangs work and then dont

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Lexus?

Yes I just bought the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Gx470

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have taken it to Toyota , checked all the fuese etc

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/12/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi, what are the exact issues that occur and what exactly has been checked?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok the initial issue was the sound system
Car was bought from an Acura Dealer, they had arranged with local Lexus Dealer t replace the amp
But after getting the run Arround for two weeks about they order the wrong part and then the part was bad they ordered
I just figured I would get fixed my self
Took $600 and was that worried about it
Then day the whole sound system came back to life
The battery was weak so I replaced it
Everything worked well for a week then one of the power windows stopped working and sound went off
Then the window started working the sound came back on
Then started noticing a really rough ride in the back
The height switch was not worked
Took it to local Toyota Dealer they spend 3 hours checking everything it all looked good except was not getting power to one air pumps
So I picked up every worked again
So I don’t know what it could be
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Now the Height works off and on, and same with sound, the windows are working OK now.
any thoughts?

based on what you have described I would suspect either a weak alternator or faulty ignition switch.

aside from that, it would have to be a failed module on the vehicle causing interference for other modules, taking other systems offline. in this case I would suspect the amp most likely.

If you need more help please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, please consider rating me as 5 STAR!! It is much appreciated. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question after you rate if needed - rating will not close out your question. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you.

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Steve
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert