Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

If engine timing is off will the fuel pump stop working. It…

Customer Question
If engine timing is...

If engine timing is off will the fuel pump stop working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Yes it has been replaced with denso pump

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Its between 1996 and 2002. 4g93 engine an 4 spped automatic. Itsays invex ll on the side og the car. Its a roghthand drive model .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Want to fix it myself. Is there a fuse for the fuel pump. Iknow there are two relays and it seems to be cliking when th ing switch is turnrd on.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
3/12/2018
Auto Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 month ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, there are several versions of the 4g93 engine. Does this one say GDI on it, usually on the valve cover

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
its a SOHC.It says 16 valve

HI,

Ok, is the fuel pump on the engine or in the fuel tank?

The SOHC may still be a GDI(gasoline direct injection) engine

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is a GDI.fuel pump is in the tank and the tank has to be dropped . I want to know if there is a fuse . I knoe threre are two relays. A friend told if the tyming on the engine is not correct the ECU wont let the fuel pump to work.

HI,

The timing being off will not prevent the fuel pump from energizing. If there is no power to the fuel pump, try jumpering the fuel pump relay cavity, should be pins 30 and 86. If fuel pump runs, then there is a short in the wiring. If not, then likely failure on the ecm to fuel pump relay circuit

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a fuse to be cheked. Iwas wonderring if I can connect the battery directly to the pump connector.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There are four wires two black and one plain red and one red with a white line on the connector.

HI,

Ok, for me to pull the schematics I have to know the exact year, make and model of your vehicle.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does the lancer have a fuse from battery to ecu(Ecm) or relay.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does lancer have a fuel pump fuse atall. any gdi model.

It should, but again, without knowing exact year I cannot tell you where. Usually in the engine compartment fuse box

I am going to opt out and see if another expert may know exact location without knowing exact year

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This car was introduced as a 2004 model but I know its amodel between 1996 and 2002. It has a 12 pin ad 16 pin MUT reader.
Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is this a money making Racket? I have clearly indicated above , that all I wanted to know is that ,if and where the fuse for the fuel pump is on a lancer. The model is any where 1996 to 2002. It has a 12 pin and 16 pin MUT reader. I am disappointed that you have not till now given a proper answer. I would like to have my money back.Joy

You haven't given vehicle information for anyone to be able to give an answer. An exact model year is necessary which you will not provide.

I will send a refund request, no need to reply to this message.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician