Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I tried staring my kia with the hood up. When it wouldn't…

Hi Pearl, I tried...

Hi Pearl, I tried staring my kia with the hood up. When it wouldn't start I realized it wouldn't start with the hood. I closed the hood, the brake is depressed and won't come back up, it doesn't matter I use the start button or the alternate key start in the console, it won't start. Just sitting there the car is making a clicking sound when I'm not trying to start it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

It just did it when I shut the hood and tried to start it again. It shoulds like it's coming from the console.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Kia?

2011 sportage ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sportage yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself. I've tried pushing the start button with my foot on the break and without foot on the break. using the alternate kep start, auto start. could it be the fuse for the break

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was wondering if removing the battery cables would reset the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The clicking is coming from under the dash near the gas peddle and break peddle.
3/11/2018
Daniel, Manager

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please note that all experts are paid based off of ratings alone and I prefer five stars so please let me know if there is anything that I can do to achieve that from you today.

Based on the information that you've given, I'm recommending that we continue via phone call conversation so that I can assist you more efficiently. Please accept so that I can continue or we can continue here but it may take longer depending on the information that I'm given.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I'm available now thx

Please accept the proposal so that I can continue.

Daniel, Manager
Please text the phone number above when you are ready to talk and I will call you.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to assist you, don't forget to leave a rating and have a wonderful day!

Daniel, Manager