Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I've bought an '99 Vitara Cabrio 1.9 JTD last year. The

Customer Question
Hi, I've bought an '99...
Hi, I've bought an '99 Vitara Cabrio 1.9 JTD last year. The previous owner didn't warned me about the immobilizer and didn't gave me the code.
I thought it wasn't working. Yesterday I was checking some wires beneath the diving wheel and found the immobilizer connections hanging loose. I've connected them to the keyboard and it started to work, requiring the code. I used the factory code mencioned in the manual but it didn't work. Immediatly the engine was blocked and now I can't start the car.
Do you have any suggestions to overcome the immobilizer and solve this? I've phoned the Suzuki dealership and they told me that I have to take the car there to be checked and unblocked and it will be expensive (also have to call a toll truck to...)
Thanks
Fernando
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/11/2018
Auto Mechanic: Greg, Technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, Technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Fernando .

Is this a factory alarm system ?

Can you send me a photo of the remote .

Rgds Greg

Okay so sorry Fernando I've never seen this system in the 20 odd years i've been working on Suzuki .

I will have to opt out and see if another expert can assist you with this .

Sorry my friend wish i could of helped .

Kindest regards Greg

You'll get back to me?

No Another expert will get back to you that has experience with this type of alarm system.

Rgds Greg