Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My friend have a freelander limited edition and there is a…

Customer Question
My friend have a...

My friend have a freelander limited edition and there is a trouble with electrical system. we cannot find manual for this for haynes does not cover this model. do you have email address to contact with

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Freelander?

Im not sure with the year. if you have email i can send the VIN and further explain the problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freelander yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i was trying to. I am a mechanic as well but mostly dealing now with heavy eaquipment. I have contacted british offroad autralia before and advice to buy the hawkeye but cannot connect to the system. history of this: what happen is that one day it was overheating and when I check it the fan is not working. then i bought the fan and controller which comes up different model. now i cannot even run the engine. it seems that is grounded somewhere.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

Yes, but the trouble is the cooling fan

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When you disconnect the battery and try to just touch with the terminal there is an unusual spark. even the ignition is off there still power on the relay

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 4 days by:
3/15/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 5 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Unfortunately I do not show a wiring diagram on this model here myself.I would trace the engine wiring as well as battery wiring for any issues.If any issues are found they will need repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know here.But this sounds like a shorted wiring fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete