Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My turn signal indicator lights flash very rapidly when

My turn signal indicator...

My turn signal indicator lights flash very rapidly when using the turn signals as shown on my instrument panel.However, the taillights do not flash anymore. I was also pulled over by a police cruiser for not having operational brake lights when I apply the brakes, even though the high mounted stoplamp appears to be working and getting brighter as it should. The taillights themselves light up when the headlights turn on. Could a blown fuse be causing these problems? My owners manual does not show which fuse is associated w/ brake lights and turn signals.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The taillights do light up, so I guess the question is do some of the bulbs have a dual filament or dual purpose use?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Buick?

2006

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would have no problem changing out the taillight bulbs myself. So far I have only accessed the fuse chart in the owners manual because I just noticed these problems a couple hours ago.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. Does my electrical system use a turn signal flasher module that can be replaced like cars from years past?

3/11/2018
Edward
Edward, Service Technician

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

What model Buick do you have?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2006 Lucerne cxs

OK, on this model you have to remove the bulb housing to access the bulbs, if the front bulbs are blinking, then I do believe it's very possible you have two burned out turn signal/ brake light bulbs on both sides.

I've noticed that they usually burn out close to the same time because usually they have the exact same age on them.

There is a video on how to replace this bulbs. If you click on this link, it will show you how to replace them.

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2006_Buick_Lucerne_CXS_4.6L_V8/lights/brake_light

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I should just change all the taillight bulbs anyway because they are 12 years old, that should solve it. Thanks Eddie!

Absolutely, Thank you. Let us know if you have any further questions.

If your all set please don't forget to rate the question via one of the star icons at the top of the page. If you need any additional help just let us know. Thank you and best wishes.

Edward
Edward, Service Technician
Edward
Edward
Edward, Service Technician