Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Heat will not come on when started. I have to take the heat…

Heat will not come...

Heat will not come on when started. I have to take the heat to high and even then it is uncontrollable

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No, they are brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 Ford F150 Lariat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried nothing Yet

3/11/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

God afternoon ,

Do you mean the heat fan speed only work on the highest setting or the heat only is hot when in the highest setting ??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The fan works as advertised, but turning on the heat it only blows cold air, until I take it to the HI setting then the heat turns on, and is not controllable
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The heat stays at the high temp, and I cannot lower it to any setting

Does it show you lowering it on the dash or is it unresponsive?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it shows me lowering the temp, but still stays the same temp, very hot

OK you have a faulty blend door actuator that is failing these are very common in your model most technicians remove the dashboard to have this replaced but you can remove the the radio and center HVAC controls to get to this actuator is a tight fit and you more then likely will scratch your hands doing this way without removing the dash but its a lot less hours of labor this way . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much, I was thinking the same thing, but thought it might me a sensor or something that was the problem.
tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician