Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Keep getting transmission over temp message and now the

Keep getting transmission over...

Keep getting transmission over temp message and now the engine light is on. Code C2202 is just one of the codes that came up. I just bought a 2006 Jeep Commander (Hemi)

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

It hasn't stalled yet. Every time the temperature message also, the fan turns on high.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Commander yourself? What have you tried so far?

I took it back to the dealer I bought it from, they said they couldn't find anything wrong with the transmission it they replaced the water pump.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Code U0101, Code C121C, Code U0401 and Code U140E also showed up when I took it to Advance Auto Parts for a diagnostic reading.

3/11/2018
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Good afternoon the issues you have are related to the abs control module not getting the correct signal from the pcm which is the power control module . we have seen issues where there is a faulty pcm for these faults have the communication wires checked between both of the these modules to make sure the signals are correct from module to module this is triggering your trans temp issue because once one module goes down the other one does because they all work together and once 1 goes missing in the can bus system they all trigger faults thats why you have so many trouble codes. I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, ***** ***** have someone check it out for me.

NO PROBLEM PLEASE DONT FORGET THE FEEDBACK THANK YOU

tech0405
tech0405, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You're welcome, giving the feedback now!
tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician