Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2003 MER GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 HAS ERROR CODES OF

2003 MER GRAND MARQUIS...

2003 MER GRAND MARQUIS 4.6 HAS ERROR CODES OF PO300,P0303,PO305,PO316. Could this be my pcm? The car is missing really bad going up slopes mainly with little acellaration.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

90000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am a Master Technician and I am glad to help you. I am reviewing your question now, and will reply shortly.

You have misfire codes on cylinders 3 and 5. You need to check for spark, fuel injector pulse, check the spark plug and last would be to check compression.

You need spark, fuel and compression for the cylinder to fire. P0300 is caused because you have a misfire on more that one cylinder. p0316 is a misfire on start up code.

Yes, it could be the PCM but you should check those three things and make sure before replacing it.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving a positive (3 star or higher) rating would be appreciated
You can do this rating by clicking on the stars.
This will not close your question and we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free!
I do not get credit unless you give a positive rating.
If you give a negative rating (2 stars or less) that does not result in a refund.
So please ask what you need more help with and let’s get your question answered!

Dan, ASE Master Technician
Dan,
I read somewhere that the PMC sends out signals to paired cylinders, like #3 and #5, #1 and #9,#4 and #7,#2 and #8.
Thats why I thought maybe the PMC is failing to send the signal to #3 and #5.David

Do you have spark on cylinders 3 and 5?

DAN'i DROVE THE CAR AGAIN THIS MORNING, THE CODE NOW HAS CHANGED TO U1262 WITH A RED LIGHT AND NO OTHER CODES. THE CAR STILL MISSES AS BEFORE. I CHANGED THE COILS TO DIFFERENT PLUGS. ANY IDEA WHATS GOING ON?DAVE

The first step is to find out which cylinders are misfiring. Unplug the coils while the engine is running and feel for a change in how the engine runs. If no change then you know that cylinder is misfiring.