Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I would like to get an unlock code for my rcd300 stereo

I would like to...

I would like to get an unlock code for my rcd300 stereo unit. The serial is VWZ2z2e3314678

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your VW. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, thank oyu

3/11/2018
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. JustAnswer is not an authorized source to obtain radio codes and in addition to manufacturers, JustAnswer prohibits the posting of radio codes here.

There are two ways you could obtain the code.You can try http://www.radio-code.com and they should be able to supply the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you, usually for free.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
How come there is another person who got the code from this site a few days ago just by asking like i did?

In the past some did take their chances and post codes against manufacturer and dealer policy, but JustAnswer has now also prohibited posting of radio and security codes here.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician