Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a side view camera, how to install it as a side view…

Customer Question
I have a side view...
I have a side view camera, how to install it as a side view camera?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Auto Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have the model number of the camera and what are you trying to install it in

It’s from amazon.com model # TTP-C12B camera & TTP-C15B Monitor
I want the the monitor to turn on every time I turn on right or left signal
Thank you

ok what are you installing it in and where do you want the camera pointed?

I want to install it on a Honda Accord 08 in the side mirror of the passenger and that the monitor is activated when the car is turned.

ok do you have the factory backup on this model?

where are you trying to see the display?

I also have the model # TTP-C15 Monitor
TTP-C15B from Amazon

ok for this to work I will need a bit more information, can you send the wiring diagram for the camera, and do you want this to turn on when you hit both turn signals?

I think this might helphttps://www.Customer.com/blogs/news/first-postYes

ok the easiest way for this to work is to just install it to a switch, the circuits that control the turn signals are integrated into the computer with ground signals, your camera needs a 12v signal you wont be able to tap into the lights circuit because the picture would blink, we could possibly make a circuit but that would require making a circuit board and wiring a few components into that

What about if the monitor is activated when the car is turned

im trying to figure out how to send 12v when turning in both directions,

im not seeing anything in the diagram what would allow that looks like a switch will be the best option