Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My husband lost my car key. No i have a 2006 merc mariner. I…

Customer Question
My husband lost my...

My husband lost my car key

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?

No i have a 2006 merc mariner

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Mariner yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have brought keys with the chipped and need to buy a key tfrom you that fit my car then i can make these other keys

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That all i know wanted to know how much it will cost me to get another key to my car

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

Ok

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Car
3/10/2018
Auto Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

ok

Unfortunately, we do not sell keys and or any other parts. If you have lost your keys and have purchased a new set then these will need to be cut and programmed by your dealer or in some cases you may have a local locksmith that can do this for you.

someone said xould buy a key on my car then have them made
sorry i misspell could

Any keys that you purchase are going to need to be cut to fit your call as well as programmed. The car will not start with the Chipped key being programmed for your car.