Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I cant find the relay for glowingcontroll caddy 1,9 tdi -06.

Customer Question
I cant find the...

I cant find the relay for glowingcontroll caddy 1,9 tdi -06

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your car. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Number of relay for glowing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/10/2018
Auto Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
The glow plug relay is generally in the engine bay, to clarify are you saying it's a 2006 Volkswagen Caddy?Can you tell me exactly what the problem is I will help you diagnose the glow plug system it's very rarely the relay.I need to know what year it is because there were a couple of different glow plugs setups, but generally it's a glow plug problem it's the actual plugs or the glow plug harness, and there are other things that can make the glow plug light on the dashboard flash that aren't even related to the glow plugs if that is the issue as well.Can you please describe the issue you're having with your vehicle I would love to help you diagnose the glow plug system rather than just throwing a relay at at that's not likely to fix it.
Its 1,9 tdi -2006 issue is dont start when its cold and the fail code tell something wrong whit glowingcontrollunit and i cant locate were it is placed.
i find it
Good to hear, however Volkswagen 4 Cylinder Diesels really don't require the glow plugs to start when cold, they help but if your vehicle actually won't start, unless you were in like Siberia or something it's probably not the problem.Would you like to give me the fault code number?