Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I have a 2006 SRT8 Chrysler’s 300 jus first of all let me…

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 SRT8 Chrysler’s 300 jus first of all let me start mi car stalls an randomly cuts off the red security lite was blinking so I got another key made the car ran for a couple hrs then it shut down from out of no were but on the new key the red lite was not blinking at all could mi wcm still b faulty

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?

With da first key it was blinking but with the second key the red lite doesn’t blink

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your SRT-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried gettin a second key program an yes I’m wrkin on it miself but now it’s outta mi hands

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The tire pressure number jump up an down

3/10/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
I recommend that you hook a fuel pressure guage up to the vehicle and then drive it around as normal, and observe fuel pressure when the engine cuts out. On modern cars, due to their redundancy, there's really two main things that will cause this to happen.One is the crankshaft position sensor, however, generally once the vehicle is able to start up, it will continue running due to the ability to cross-reference the crank sensor signal against the cam position sensor or sensors. Generally the crank position sensor will cause the engine to crank or turn over but it will fail to actually start up.The second thing that will cause a no start or an engine to cut out, is the fuel pump. Generally the fuel pump will function properly until the vehicle runs for a while, the pump overheats, and it shuts down. After the pump cools down, the vehicle may start up again, but often it flows less than it should and the vehicle lacks power.It seems to me that the fuel pump is the issue with your vehicle more than likely.The crankshaft position sensor will more often than not result in a check engine light or at least a fault in memory for the signal being implausible.The fuel pump rarely ever causes a check engine light or fault until the point where it takes out the fuel pump relay, which supplies power to nearly every sensor, solenoid, fuel injector, and other components in the engine bay. Then faults caused by a failed fuel pump relay are often for the sensors or injectors not functioning, not for the pump or relay.Next time the engine cuts out, spray a little starting fluid in the intake and see if the engine fires back up momentarily.Make sure not to spray very much of the starting fluid in the intake as it causes detonation and can break the ring lands on the pistons, you're only spraying enough to get the engine to very briefly fire up, verifying a lack of fuel.If I have answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name, as that's the only way I'm compensated for my time.If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can continue to ask follow up questions even after hitting accept.If the fuel pump is found to be faulty, be sure to replace the pump, fuel pump relay, and fuel filter.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I give that a try n da the morning thank u so much
No problem and like I said please don't forget that accept if I have helped. I'm totally okay with waiting till you see if what I said is correct.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Fuel pump like u said it’s cuttin on an off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It’s exactly fuel pump
Nice, please remember to accept next to my name otherwise the site won't pay me for my time. We only get paid when you hit accept next to our name.You still be able to ask any follow-up questions after hitting accept.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
An how do I do dat
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I got another ????
Sorry about that just so you know we work like independently from our cell phones or computers in our spare time we're all professional mechanics we don't sit-in call center working for the company so when there's a delay it's because you know I'm not at work or I'm with my family or whatever, but I will get back to you.Okay so you're asking how to do what? How to replace the fuel pump?
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician