Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

When I push the cd button it says no cd player. 2001 slk320.

Second opinion] when I push...
Second opinion] when I push the cd button it says no cd playerJA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?Customer: 2001 slk320JA: Are you fixing your SLK320 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: my radio and volume worksJA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?Customer: no its a Mercedes steroJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: no
3/10/2018
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, is this Cd changer in the trunk option?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it's a Mercedes CD player

Okay, without a factory scan tool the best you can do is remove the plug from the CD changer and leave it off for about 10 minutes (key off). This will cause it to " reset". If the radio doesn't recognize it after that then the radio needs to be checked to see if it is programmed for a CD changer (sometimes they lose their memory) . If it is programmed and the connections are all tight, the CD changer is likely bad. (fairly common)

Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok thanks
Ted G.
Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician