Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Need wiring schemetic for window/door lock for 2009 subaru…

Need wiring schemetic for...

Need wiring schemetic for window/door lock for 2009 subaru forester

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The door would not unlock. My husband got the door panel off but the wiring came out

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, give me 5-10 minutes to pull them and upload them for you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

HI,

Ok, I have attached 2 sets.

1 is the factory wiring diagram and has the connector pinouts for door window and lock switch

1 is AllData and while it doesnt have the connector pinout, is a bit easier to read, especially if one is not real familiar with wiring diagrams

Both are in pdf file format for easier download/printing

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Please note that your expert pays for requested directions out of pocket for your benefit. Failure to give a positive rating means that the expert will no longer be able to provide this service at substantial savings to you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They won't open for me
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are these the wiring diagram for the door lock/window switch?

try refreshing your page. I just tried them and they open fine. Make sure to open using a pdf reader such as Adobe which I believe is standard on all laptop computers.

Here they are again

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
They did open but are not easy to read. Just want something that tells us what color wires go in which

no one makes a diagram of just the wiring at the switch.

They are all encompassing for the door locks and the windows

The switch is identified in the diagrams.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
this isn't very helpful

you asked specifically in your original question for wiring diagrams, which I paid for and sent to you. They are standard wiring diagrams

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok

Give me 10-15 minutes to go thru them and write out which wire goes to which pin on the switch

Hi

On 16 pin connector

1 Blue

2

3 Blue with yellow stripe

4

5 Black with yellow stripe

6

7 Green with red stripe

8 Red

9

10

11

12 Red with yellow stripe

13 Blue with green stripe

14 Green with black stripe

15

16 Blue with red stripe

On 3 pin connector

1 Blue with black stripe

2 Light green

3 Black

See attached connector views to match the above up with correct pin

The connector view is looking at front of harness connector(the wires would be on backside of from the view shown)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you so much. This is very helpful.
I did already rate you before this.

You are welcome.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager