Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Alfa Romeo 156 q4 2007 The rear fog lamps do not work. The…

Customer Question
Alfa Romeo 156 q4...

Alfa Romeo 156 q4 2007 The rear fog lamps do not work. The control indicator does not light on the switch. Previously, it was illuminating and the yellow light on the counter was flashing every time I turned on the rear fog lamps. Now it's not working too well.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know what size fuse it needs?

There, the fuses are fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Alfa Romeo?

Crosswagon 1.9 jtd 16v 150 hp

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the wiring to the dashboard. It is OK. It is OK. Maybe it's a mistake to kontgrolnem module (CANbus), as they say in the forums, but, forums, you know how it is there.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That would be all I know. I wonder if the control module can be guilty before I go to a new one

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Car
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2018
Auto Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 1 month ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

1st thing to check that the lamp bulbs are in good condition and then that the rear ground connection for the lamps is also tight and clean as there's an eyelet in the boot / trunk that's secured to the body with a small bolt and if its corroded then the lights won't work

then if this is all OK then yes its possibly the control module

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer