Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2011 accord v6- power windows, door locks, seat memory,

2011 accord v6- power...

2011 accord v6- power windows, door locks, seat memory, sunroof, electrical not working

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Which fuses would you look for as the problem appears to be central powere. checked fuses under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I was trouble shooting myself. trying to isolate to common source since all of the electrical malfunction seems to connected to a single common source

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is pretty much the world

Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
All of those things are controlled by the body control module. The body control module is located on the left side of the dash.I have included a link to a body control module for sale by LKQ which is a nationwide used auto parts reseller basically a chain of junkyards they own.I'm not sure why the picture shows three different computers or modules but it's probably because it's like for the remote fob and other things so they just included them all because they're linked together from the factory and this will avoid you having to have them programmed.You might try calling LKQ and asking them, if you Google them you'll come up with the number for your local LKQ.I would of course start by checking the fuses in the vehicle not under the hood, underhood fuses are not going to be for interior components. Once you verify all the fuses are good then I will disassemble the left hand side of the dash starting with the trim below the dash above the pedals and look around and find the module make sure that if there's any fuses on the module that they are good, and then manually check to see if you got power and ground to them.If all that checks out that I would buy used ones and swap them in.https://www.ebay.com/p/2011-2012-Accord-Active-Noise-Cancel-Body-Chassis-Control-Module-W-39k-BCM-OEM/10009114624?iid=192450263526&rt=ncIf I've answered your question to your satisfaction please remember to hit accept next to my name is ***** ***** the only way that I am compensated for my time. If you have any further questions you will be able to continue asking them even after hitting accept.Before you buy any modules get the part numbers off of yours and verify you are getting the right ones, there may be different ones offered depending on the engine and transmission and the equipment your vehicle comes with. You may still need to get this programmed after installing to tell it what options your vehicle has.
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
Thank you for accepting my answer if you need any more help let me know
Danny
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician