Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

In my truck when I shut off the truck, I hear my blower

motor still running, it keeps...
in my truck when I shut off the truck, I hear my blower motor still running, it keeps on running with a clicking sound for about 45 seconds. I have look for a tutorial to help me resolve this issue. can you help me
3/9/2018
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

What is it you are working on, need the year, make and model, please?

1992 chevy truck Silverado 5.7 4x4

Okay, I will open this up for you, I do not have a clear answer for this.

Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does the blower always run no matter what setting you have it on?

well I thought that you where going to give me answer.you guys to for got to tell me that you require more money. at this time I don't have the funds for you. thank you ill just keep researching

no,,we dont need more money

does the blower run with the ignition off on high,medium or low?..or does it matter?

to give you an answer to your problem,,i need more info.

I just turn the ignition off all settings are off and I here the blower motor fan just turning I don't understand why my blower motor just does not cut off like the rest of truck.

ok...does it run all the time the switch is on also?

I think that everything works under all the loads. what its funny u can here the blower fan click and spin like it has power or it does not shut off complete like the rest of truck does.

ok..

i would think you have a sticking blower relay..you need to remove the relays one at a time to see witch one turns it off when you unplug it..the one that turns it off,,replace it

it is also possible for the blower resister to do this,,but i think it is a relay..

stand by,,i will give you the locations.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/trvipritqhr2hcw/0309-chevy1500-Heater%20And%20A.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/trvipritqhr2hcw/0309-chevy1500-Heater%20And%20A.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

thank you Ill do as you suggested .

you are very welcome

Tim's Auto Repair