Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Have a 2005 Range Rover HSE, someone tried to steal it. Now…

Customer Question
Have a 2005 Range...

Have a 2005 Range Rover HSE, someone tried to steal it. Now my ignition does not work. My key won't turn at all.

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key is in good shape. Yes, steering wheel does turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Range Rover yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, doing it myself. I've tried disconnecting the battery, new battery in key fob. They yanked a plug loose from somewhere, and can't find where it went...

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've been trying to find a wiring diagram for the center console, no luck

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/8/2018
Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 4 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

Okay try the links I sent you for the Front Touch screen cluster and the Dash cluster and the ECM AND BODY ECU ,hopefully one of the, is what you looking for , but if it is not let me know and we will find the correct ones for you,CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE AND WIRING CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS YOU REQUESTED

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

Please Let Me Know
Thank You
Chad Farhat

THIS THE IGNITION SWITCH CIRCUIT

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW

WHAT IS THE ON THE OTHER END OF THE YELLOW CONNECTOR , IS THAT CAP , OR CONNECTOR PINS ,I CAN NOT SEE FRONT OF IT

THE IGNITION SWITCH BASED ON DIAGRAM HAS BLACK YELLOW WIRE ,SO THAT IS NOT IT

look at this picture,does-it match yours, this connector looks it came off bottom

Take shifter cover off and flip it upside down

this is the plug in the picture i sent you ,seem it broke off the cover,

it does

RR console

Or the one on the cylinder

click on link to view pdf file

ift his is the one ignition cylinder is what recognize the key and it will not start with out if it is not send rf signal now

is this what is happening ,no start now

Please Let Me Know what you find

so you can not find a place for it ,

it can go to far ,as long as the wire on it

u took cover off and still can not see where it goes

is the connector on ignition switch there

you did not answer on the no start ,does it start , crank over ,or cranks over or no start ?

Key won't turn won't turn the Ignition switch
I checked all over the console, no missing or broken connectors... Almost like something is missing

I m sorry not sure , That is all i know on this one ,But I will opt out of your question and open it for other experts to assist you further on it

Please do not reply back to me since it will lock your question back on my screen and other experts want see it to help you

Auto Mechanic: Richard, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Richard, ASE Certified Technician

Hello

On that connector there is a yellow/blue wire and a yellow/brown wire. That connector goes to the transponder coil which is the part around the ignition cylinder. It is either removed or broken and must be installed/replaced as this is the part that reads the key in order to electrically release the ignition.