Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Traction light and awful shut off light. Feeling vibration…

Traction light and awful...

Traction light and awful shut off light. Feeling vibration in gas and brake pedal

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Sorry traction control and awd lights

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

Awd has been shut off by the car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

This only happened a few minutes ago

3/8/2018
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

what is the make model and year of your vehicle?

2011 Chevy equinox
There was a grinding noise when brakes were applied. Vehicle lost power until the awd shut off then it seemed to run fine, except for brake noise. The vibration quit, power returned. All of this happened at once.

I.m going to pass this along to another that may have a better idea then I.

Could it be a bad sensor ?
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Different expert here. does it make a farting noise when applying the brake?

No it's a grinding noise. When I start the car, or it in gear, it doesn't want to go. The stabilitrak light comes on, the awd off light comes on and then the car moves normally. The abs light is also on.

ok, the best thing you can do since it seems like you have more than one problem is to have the ABS module scanned for codes. a generic code reader will not accomplish this. it must be done with a scan tool that has the capability of communicating with the abs module

Ok. Maybe a problem with the egr valve ?
I'm grasping here hoping it's not going to cost an arm and a leg to repair. Lol

egr has nothing to do with it, unfortunately. it is going to be an abs issue. abs, traction control, stabilitrac, AWD all are integrated into the abs system

I'll ask my mechanic about that in the morning. Thank you for your time.

you are very welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have. we can chat back and forth many times until your issue is taken care of.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic
Ok. I'll find out the hard way at the garage tomorrow. Thanks again and I'll definitely give you a good rating. Have a great nite.

youre welcome and you too

thank you