Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

Only air o.es out of defroster and not my vents. 24,000 I've…

Customer Question
Only air...

Only air o.es out of defroster and not my vents

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

24,000 I've had it 3 months

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your ES?

2014 Maserati Ghilbi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ES yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet I hope I can fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
Answered in 6 days by:
3/15/2018
Auto Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 4 months ago
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the mode actuator.I have seen the mode actuator fail in the past before needing replaced for this type of fault here.You will need to have this actuator tested to see if for sure if it needs replaced but this is usually the most common fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete