Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

I lost my user manual and I have a warning lite on. I

I lost my user...

I lost my user manual and I have a warning lite on. I thought it was for tire inflation, had air put in but it did not go off. at closer look it looks like it might be a liquids indicator. is there a website I can go to to determine what it is warning me about?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

ThE WARNING INDICATORS ON THE DASH

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2016 elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I thought it was a low air in tires indicator, had air put in but light did not go off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just if there is a website where I can find a list of indicators so I can find the right one

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic

Hi im kevin any way you can take a picture for me ?

no the car is in the parking lot. do you have a picture of the indicators or know where I can get one?
best I can describe is a horseshoe with a line down the middle with what looks like a low level of liquid at the bottom
do not call

Ok give me a couple of mins il try to find pictures for you

phone call message is generic i dont offer this service

tires? why wont it go off?

Ok and you inflated tires ? Have you driven since ?

car has been turned on and off a few times

And on dash what do tire pressures show as ?

I did not put the air in but I know the guy did all four. I think they should be 32 at least, I don't have a gauge to check

Ok the system should automatically reset after driving around 2-3 miles.if light hasnt gone off the car is still seeing an issue either pressures arent correct or one of the valves has failed

I think I have driven that far. I will check the valves, get a gauge and re-inflate if needed. thanks for your help.

No problem please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic