Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2005 jeep liberty low brake petal replaced front brakes bled…

2005 jeep liberty low...

2005 jeep liberty low brake petal replaced front brakes bled the breaks new master cylinder still have low petal

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Are these the orignial brakes?

68000 brakes are brand new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Liberty yourself? What have you tried so far?

No my mechanic is having difficulty solving issue new brakes/master cylinder bled brakes no line leaking

3/8/2018
Pete, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

When the brakes are bled of air did the anti-lock brake unit get purged of air?In some cases, a scan tool can perform an automated bleed to purge air from the abs unit itself and in other cases, you would need to use a scan tool to run the abs pump to purge the air.Once this is done then a normal brake bleed is done.

If this was already done and the pedal is still low with the master cylinder being replaced as well as no leaks and brakes are new this sounds like an internal fault in the abs hydraulic unit itself.I have seen this unit fail internally allowing pressure to leak internally causing the low pedal feel and had to replace it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Pete the jeep doesn’t have Anti-lock brakes

Can you post the liter engine your vehicle has in it so I can re check some things on this?

Here’s the Vin number 1j4gl48k65w574281

Thanks for that info.

Are you sure it does not have the anti lock brake unit as shown below?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxskyth4f80rg0l/absc-03-08.png?dl=0

it definitely does not have any like brakes

With the engine off is the pedal firm or does it pump up firm and hold with a couple of pumps?

Pete, Technician
Canuck Tech
Phone call session started