Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

According to Vehicle Care book the cigar lighter requires a…

According to Vehicle Care...

According to Vehicle Care book the cigar lighter requires a 25 amp fuse in slot 14 in fuse box behind right side kneelboard. It was empty. I put a 25 amp fuse in. didn't work. Puplled fuse out and inspected. There are no stabs. Apparently I have no circuit for the cigar light and thus no way to connect a power adapter to the cigar lighter! .

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Isn't the Vehicle Care book authoritative? What manual are you talking about?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

1999 Jaguar XK8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Correction. XJ8.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

3/8/2018
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

I included in my question that this is a 1999 Jaguar XJ8.
I don't want to be solicited to spend more money. Please answer my question as represented in the web site.

and I gave you the correct answer

please do not question my knowledge

I have not received your answer. I did not question your knowledge.

please ignore the pop ups thats not me

Can you be more specific? Since it is not identified in my vehicle care book, I have no way of knowing which position.

fuse#5

its a 25 amp fuse

did you get the attachment?

I am going to car right now to check the fuse. Can you hold? (I did not know the pop up was not you. I am not trying to be rude)

thats ok. and yes i can hold

Bingo! Fuse was blown. Replaced it and lighter now works. Many thanks.

you are very welcome and Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will be greatly appreciated and will allow any follow-up questions you may have.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you