Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

2004 Volvo C70. Drove it to work this morning, the to an…

2004 Volvo C70. Drove...

2004 Volvo C70. Drove it to work this morning, the to an appointment in a neighboring city about 45 miles one way and back. Parked at the office, all no problems. Got it it to go home at 5 and the key turned far enough to allow accessories to work but not to start. Two red light on dash ROPS and SRS. Unhooked battery waited five minutes, hooked back up and got the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No on both. Understand fuses, didn't think of it, but dont understand dash bulbs.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C70 yourself? What have you tried so far?

If it's simple, I can fix. All I have done is what I described. Left it on the office parking lot for the night.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that can think of.

3/8/2018
Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert

hi there - what has been checked / attempted so far?

only unhooking the battery?

that's all I could think of to do at the moment.

does the key turn far enough to start normally? or is it not turning far enough?

Steve
Steve, Automotive Expert
Phone call session started