Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

What experts are available right now?

what experts are available right now?
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
airheatman

What do you need help with today?

Car Mechanic
I have a 1999 Dodge Dakota 3.9L.I'm trying to clean my oil pump screen with out having to remove the oil pan.will motor flush do the trick? or will this harm the engine?some say motor flush fluids are very Bad,some say their Good.Honda say's their Bad.I need an expert opinion!what are they?good or bad?
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

A flush will not get the debris out of the pump, if the pump pick up is clogged there ill be other debris you need to get out of the pan and depending on what debris that is will determine if you need to tear into the engine more or just clean the tube. So the pan will need to be removed

OK,Thanks

your very welcome

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. I would like to receive nothing less than a 5 star rating. If you feel we aren’t there yet please let me know or respond more so we can get the answer you feel is correct. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you. Negative ratings do not result in a refund so If you’re not satisfied with the work we have done so far please respond more and let’s get your question figured out. Thanks Shawn!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Just for the record,I'm Not an Idiot! I was getting ready to rate you a 5 stars,like I do with almost all experts that work with me.when I read your reply,saying Negative ratings do not result in a refund.thats like a threat.I'm not expecting a refund,cause I Don't pay for individual questions any way.Secondly,Don't Demand a 5 star rateing from costomer's.We'r Not abligated to rate what you TELL us,But what we thank you deserve.I'v had just anser for years,and DON'T need explanation's on how it work's! If you treat costomers like &%$#@ your going to ^%$#@ them off! then they're going to give you a bad rateing.Also,I only call on just anser mechanics for seond opinion's.I have 45 years mechanical experience my self!