Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

MY OIL IS ON THE FILL LINE BUT IT SHOWS 15% ALSO THE WRENCH…

Customer Question
HI MY OIL IS...

HI MY OIL IS ON THE FILL LINE BUT IT SHOWS 15% ALSO THE WRENCH IS ON

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

ABOUT 1500 MILES AGO

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

ACORD 2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

OF COURSE NOT

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

CAN IT WANT TILL FRI

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/7/2018
Auto Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech replied 4 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Auto Service Tech

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

The 15% represents the computers calculations of the life left of the oil, not the level in the system. If you are wanting to wait till friday or even next week to do the oil change, that will be just fine. You have verified the level is on the stick which is the most important.
Also remember this is a calculation, should you have an instance where you go over slightly, meaning you go past 0%, as long as its in the range, you will be ok. But it is always best to do the oil change prior to it reaching 0%.