Car

Ask a mechanic online and get answers to your car questions

My 2011 Cruze will go in reverse but will not move forward.

Customer Question
My 2011 Cruze will...

My 2011 Cruze will go in reverse but will not move forward

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cruze yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet, was on my way to work and tried to pull out the yard and the engine would get loud but no movement

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

140,000 and automatic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There are no warning lights showing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Car
3/7/2018
Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Did you experience transmission slipping before it stopped going forward?

just once about a week ago the RPMs went high when I was climbing a hill, I didn't think anything of it
typing is fine with me for the answer
Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Ok. When was the last time transmission was serviced?

few months ago standard service
Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have access to a scan tool?

no
Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

The symtoms you are experiencing are very common issue on this vehicle especially around this mileage. It is usually caused by a faulty valve body/ Transmission control module. A compatible scan tool will be needed to confirm. Attached is the GM provided TSB regarding the same condition on this vehicle.

Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Do you have any other questions?

Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Auto Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 4 months ago

Hello, just checking if any updates?